Friday, September 28, 2007

Who Are My Kids?

For the past two weeks I have been teaching a regular 6th grade classroom (we're down to 33 kids - we're doing great!) due to one teacher quitting, a substitute, and then another teacher quitting. Since then I've taken over and it's been quite an experience.

1. I have absolutely fallen in love with these kids! More and more I realize how much I need to work with kids. God has designed me for this.

2. I've learned how much I miss having my own classroom and having the freedom to set expectations and reward programs.

3. I'm stuck in a decision as to whether I should stay with this position or switch back to 6th Grade Inclusion (Sp. Ed.). I struggle with trusting other teachers with "my" kids. I fear that someone else won't love them enough, won't teach them enough, and won't believe in them enough.

In addition I think the bigger struggle is my fear that I am giving up on one group or the other. If I take the Sp. Ed. position I'll feel as though I'm letting down the rest of the group. If I take the reg. ed. position I'll feel as though I'm letting down the Sp. Ed. kids.

I need to realize that unlike Jesus I cannot be Savior for all. Please pray for my decision as the transition will most likely be occurring this week or next.

*Also - thanks to those of you who have offered your support to my kids! I am sooo pumped to begin this with them, and excited to pair them up with you guys! I can't wait to share them with you!