Saturday, September 29, 2007

Dear Ms. Mennice

"Dear Ms. Mennice,

I'm sorry for be bad in class I hope you are not mad because I know you have a hard time trying to teach 34 kid at one time so I am sorry for all the troble I've caused I will not do it again Sorry Ms. Mennice

From your best
GF"

We're still working on my name (pronunciation & spelling)! This is a note I received from a student after he had to stay for detention the second time. He forgot the paper that needed to be signed but told me in a grumbling voice, "I forgot it but my Mom knows I am staying. I'm punished and she said that you can keep me every day next week to make up for all the things I didn't learn in class while I was talking." The crazy thing is - he is by far the toughest student I have! Each week I'm going to try and do a quote of the week so this is the first!