Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Half Marathon

Saturday morning runs at Wissahickon and Kelly Drives for months now.  Miles upon miles  pounded out on the trail and on the treadmill.  Sunday the big day finally arrived.  By "we" I mean that I had the pleasure of being accompanied by one of my best friends, Gretchen, her boyfriend Danny, and one of our pastors, Taehoo.  

13.1 miles in the Lehigh Valley.  

There were several highlights I wanted to share.
1.  I actually enjoyed this race in its entirety, moreso than any other I have done (a whole 2!).
2.  My parents were there to support us, eating dinner the night before and cheering me on throughout the race!
3.  My roomie, Yuan, drove up to cheer me on also!
4.  I finished a few minutes ahead of the time I trained for!
5. Once again - I actually enjoyed this race!  And I got to meet up with two college friends and some cousins who also ran the race!

Blurry but there we are next to Danny, who is waving in the green shirt!
The Start...we're back in the mix of all those people