Monday, November 19, 2007

Detention Woman

Latest quote of the week...

"So Miss, you were in my dream last night..." Not exactly the words you love to hear coming from one of your middle school boys. After a few strange stares he continued, "Yeah I had a dream that you were making everyone stay for detention next week. Do I have detention today? I brought in all my papers for your because I don't want to get detention again. I don't want to make you mad, Miss. I brought all my papers because my mom's going to take everything away from me again if I get detention."

This came from a student who I demanded bring in all daily behavior reports he mistakenly failed to bring in from that week as well as two apology notes for his comments towards other teachers. He practically threw them in my face that morning and then the above conversation began. Ohhh...the joys of teaching! I kind of enjoy the fact that for the moment he is somewhat intimidated by me, at least enough to not get detention.

Farewell from Detention Woman!