Monday, September 1, 2008

September Already?

Tomorrow is the big day! It's hard to believe that I am starting my fourth year of teaching already! I find that although I feel more prepared and genuinely excited to get started again, some things never change in Philadelphia!

I am trying to be patient and remember that the beginning of each year is a process trying to figure out schedules for servicing students according to their IEP's and then assigning teachers accordingly. I suppose the good thing is that these days I get to have a say in how things work rather than being in the dark until 8am on the first day with students! It's the little things right? :)

The next two days will be spent running around like crazy getting the classroom ready, copying IEP's, and sitting in/presenting at various meetings. So...here goes! Pray for my students, my relationships with coworkers, and all the opportunities I have at work to let the Lord shine through. Pray that I can humbly see all the Lord is teaching me, to not waste a moment, and to treasure each part of this year!

p.s. I am absolutely in awe of how God has provided for me here in Philly. I have been so blessed this week by the friends and community at my church. Praise God in the ways that he provides and shows up in huge and amazing ways. Praise God for the faithful and caring family I have found at church. There is something so deep and intimate about living in community.