Monday, August 27, 2007

Why?

Living in north Philly leaves little time to fully communicate what I do and why I am here. My hope is that this blog is able to connect those desiring to have the "inside scoop" of my life in the city.

Why this title verse? Why in Spanish? Over the last two years I have fallen in love with the Latino language, culture and people. As I seek God in this venture it is clearer each day that life is all about Christ. Christ is why I am here and why I do what I do.

As a follower of Christ I seek not only to walk with him and abide in Him but to stand for Him. Too often I have stood silent, failing to speak out against injustices. Too often I have failed to speak for those unheard or forgotten. My prayer is that as you read these updates my words will speak truth. Living, worshipping, and teaching in north Philly has been the most challenging experience of my life. As I continue this work I pray that God continues to shape me. My hope is that you will have a very realistic picture of the lives of those around me, of a hurting world, a people too often forgotten, and the hope that only Jesus Christ offers us all.